Sunday, January 9, 2011

Card Challenge

I am going to try to make lots of cards for Operation Write Home this year. They send hand made cards to soldiers so that the soldiers have cards to send home to their families. The soldiers and their families sacrifice so much for our freedom, the least I can do is pray for them and provide them with nice cards for their families. My friend Tina introduced me to Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Blog. Hazel encourages us to keep our Christmas scrapping supplies out all year long and presents a new Christmas Card Challenge each week. This should really help me with continuing to make cards for Operation Write Home. This week I used a sketch and products from My Minds Eye Card Challenge 19 to make my Christmas card.

Sketch by Anam Stubbington for My Minds Eye
Paper: My Minds Eye Bohemia Bungalow Tiny Dots on Basic Kraft
Star Die Cut: My Minds Eye Laundry Line My Boy
Font: Santa's Sleigh
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
Paper lace made using Fiskars punch
Pearls: Recollections


Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oh I love this!!!! And what an awe4wsome idea about Operation Write Home too.....I was just checking thier blog out today and thinking the same thing....I rarely use all of the cards I make so this is a GREAT way for those who participate in the card challegnes and then wonder what on earth they are going to do with all of them :) Your MME Entry is awesome!!!!

Susan S said...

Gorgeous card. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

I'm a fellow OWHer and I'll be looking for your cards on their challenges (Stars & Stamps blog).

Hazel said...

This is a delightful card - and such a good cause that you are supporting. Thanks for taking part in CNHC challenge 2 - hope to see you again soon. x

Marlene said...

Adorable card, Miss Teresa! Love the use of the kraft paper.

Robin said...

Wonderful Idea to keep the Christmas spirit alive all year! Beautiful Card! Love the verse!