Monday, February 7, 2011

Awesome (Zachary)

This is my brother's son Zachary in the summer of 2009
I've had this picture already printed in 8x10 for more than a year now and the perfect sketch finally came along! I knew the instant I saw this week's sketch at Sketchy Thursdays that I wanted to reverse it and that I wanted to use this photo! (It's scary the things that I remember that I have, and what goes on in my head with them!)


Patterned paper: Fancy Pants "Rusted Sun";
Ribbon: BoBunny "Annasophia";
Letters and blue dots: Cloud 9 Design "Rain dots";
Sun and Flip Flop Icons: Microsoft Word Clip Art;
Surfboard Icon: Unknown patterned paper from stash;
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz



Here is the sketch (I had to flip flop it (ha!) to accommodate my photo):













Angled close up to show dimension of pop-dotted icons and epoxy letters:














Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comments!

11 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

LOVE THAT!!!! I toyed with using a large photo and doing that too but stuck with the 3 smaller photos. Hopefully I can get my photographed tonight......I really love yours....awesome job girly!!!

Unknown said...

Love that you swapped the photo and the embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays!!!

LisiB said...

The perfect LO for this awful winter weather. Love the colors and the photo is great

Truly Lori said...

This page is AWESOME, Teresa! You are right. That photo is perfect for this sketch! I really like the sketch, too. It leaves alot of room for imagination.

Marlene said...

Oh, what a FUN layout!

Pssst.....freebie sentiment on my blog tomorrow - but you didn't hear it from me...heehee.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeee that photo and the papers you used! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sandy Ang said...

Definitely an awesome photo and you scrapped it so wonderfully . Thanks for coming to the Best Creation blog hop and being so kind about my quilled flowers.

lisa said...

What a great photo to scrap, thanks for playing along x

Keshet said...

Love how you used accents instead of photos, very cool! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

Lisa said...

This is a great photo, love how you altered the sketch!
Just to let you know I have awarded you with THE STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD, details are on my blog!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Hi Teresa!! Congrats on your win at The Scrappiest too!! How much fun was that celebration week!?!? The kit you won looks terrific. I love your take on this sketch! What a great idea to use the 8x10! Wonderful photo and the perfect paper picks too!!