Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cameo Mother's Day cards

With Jacob's first birthday party last weekend, we celebrated Mother's Day today - good thing because that gave me time to make these super cute cards! 
Here is how I made the cameo's:
I took profile pictures of the kids and changed them to black and white, then I printed them on regular white paper (next time I will use cardstock), then I cut them out, and then I painted them black. 
I got the idea for the card mounts from Gina at StampTV. (Gina is seriously talented and has awesome tutorials and beautiful stamps - check her out!) The red background paper on Jacob's is from Cosmo Cricket and the green background paper on Quinn's is from Echo Park. If you love cameo's/silhouettes, pop over to the Practical Scrapper's blog on Tuesday for more inspiration - or make one of your own and e-mail it to Christine for possible publication!
So - here are the pictures I used:


And here are the cards:


Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comments and would love for you to become a follower of my blog!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

These are fabulous, and you are one crafty chick!