Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Here is a little gift card I created. 
I saw a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire and had to give it a try. 
I am thrilled with the result and can't wait to try it again with different stamps.

I started with Strathmore Watercolor paper, stamped it with VersaMark on a Studio G stamp. Embossed it with white Zing embossing powder, colored in the spaces with Tim Holtz Distress Ink markers, then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist in Biscotti. I used the same process to make the butterfly using a stamp by Inkadinkadoo. The crochet thread is vintage, the gold pearls are by Recollections and the white base is by Bazzill. 
The final size of the card is 3" x 3".

Look at the sheen from the Perfect Pearls!

Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comments! 
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Colleen B. said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the colours and the butterfly is the perfect touch. I think I might have to give this a go to! Happey mothers day to you to :)

Robin said...

W.O.W!! Gorgeous!!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

this is beautiful - something I definitely want to try

Truly Lori said...

This is beautiful, Teresa! I'm trying to remember if I have a stamp I can use for this as I type!!! Off to find what I can use:)

loulou said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I so have to try this technique, cheers Linda