Friday, September 13, 2013

pun'kin tags!


PaperHaus Magazine is celebrating 
their one year anniversary with a blog hop 
and eclectic Paperie is joining in the fun!   

Here is my adorable little pun'kin patch!
 Here are the tags I started with:


After decoupaging the torn up book paper (available here) on to the tags and drying them I randomly scribbled on them with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens then spritzed with water and moved the ink around with a paint brush. 
Dry and repeat 5-6 times to get the depth of color. I put reinforcers by Tim  Holtz on the tag holes but actually wound up covering them with green Pitt Pen so not necessary to do that! 
Next, run them through an embossing folder and cut to height. I used Cuttlebug embossing folders. (I apologize that I don't know the names of them as I threw the packaging away long ago!) 
Trim around the top of the tag to make the "stem", round the corners, and ink all around the edges. Score about a third of the way in from each side, bend them and ink a bit on the score line for dimension. 
The fence is made with a Martha Stewart punch out of plain black cardstock that has been distressed with Ranger Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold, Pewter, and Green Patina. The leaves are free form cut from green felt then colored with the Pitt Pens in the same colors as on the pumpkins. 
The tendrils are made from plain hemp that I wet and stained with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Forest Moss. While it was still wet, I wound it around a small tool handle and dried it which made it hold the shape. 
Using left over pieces of the tags I made spacers to adhere the pumpkins together then adhered the leaves and tendrils to the front and the fence to the back. I use Sobo craft glue by Delta.
This was a fun little project and a cute little fall decoration.
(It is about 4" x 4" x 2"deep) 

Be sure to click over to eclectic Paperie to see the other designer's projects and to the 
PaperHaus blog to participate in their hop!
Thanks for stopping by ~ 
I appreciate your comments!

16 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

These are the cutest pumpkins! Love how you've curved the fence around them to keep the patch together.

Sue Lelli said...

Teresa, This is just the CUTEST pumpkin patch! Brilliant! LOVE how it is 3-D and LOVE your process!

Giovana said...

This is a piece of art!! So clever and beautiful!!

LauraEva said...

um...WOW!!! That is FANTASTIC! love it---really do!

Jeanann said...

SO CUTE! Very creative .. thank you for the tutorial :)

Unknown said...

SO Creative!! LOVE the use of tags!!Beautiful!!

toni said...

So Cute! love your pumpkins !! love how you layered on the colours and textured them great idea!

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy giddy aunt Teresa you never cease to amaze me..your pumpkin patch is a marvel and woohoo you even let us know how you popped it all together..looooove it!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Andiepants said...

What an adorable project!! Just love it.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

UBER cute! I need that for my decor! Make it large and Ill take two for my mantel!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Now that's adorable! I love these little pumpkins with their pretty leaves and cute little fence. Gorgeous colour and so cool with the text showing through. This is so creative, Teresa.

2amscrapper said...

this is brilliant! how clever to make tags into pumpkins! the smaller dot is Swiss Dot--I too throw out the packaging--they should identify right on the folder.

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh, I HAVE to make these!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pumpkins! And that fence!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FABULOUS!!! I love love love the pumpkins! Your free hand leaves are fabulous too, and I never knew that hemp string would dry how you shaped it after it's wet...great tech!

Auntie Em said...

These little punkins are sooo adorable! And after reading your awesome directions I see I can make these without specialty dies. I can see my granddaughters having fun doing this with me. Love it!
Thank you so much for sharing this fun project! :)

ionabunny said...

Love your cute tag pumpkins.