Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pretty Girl CCH class project

Greetings!
Today I'm sharing with you the last of the three projects I taught 
at the Mixed Media Weekend at Cozy Crop House
We learned techniques for making a girl on canvas starting with a collaged paper base.
Here she is!
This is how the process begins with torn paper. We used scrapbooking paper by K and Co.
Start building layers with bits of tissue, book paper, misc ephemera.
And then completely forget to take any pictures till you are finished!
Suffice it to say we added lots of layers of paint, ink, ephemera, rub-ons, and Mod Podge! We used household items, stamps, and stencils to apply our mediums.
The girl is free hand cut by me. I traced her and made a pattern for the students to use.
I printed 4 pages of miscellaneous quotes and bible verses I have collected for each of them to choose their own words for their pieces. It was fun to see how differently each one came out.
Here are a bunch of close ups for you. These birds are cut from a piece of scrapbook paper by Prima.





We had a very fun weekend creating at Cozy Crop House. The other 2 projects I taught are in previous posts so if you missed them, scroll on down and have a look!
Thanks for stopping by today!
I truly appreciate your comments!

5 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a gorgeous canvas! Love the layers and layers of paper and ephemera! The girl and sentiment are wonderful!

Nicole Martel said...

I really like that. Beautiful work...

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

What a lovely piece. I actually just saw this at the Victorian Boutique, today (while there shopping!) and thought about purchasing it. Instead, I picked up the laundry line one with the verse, by Cathy Allen: Life brings simple pleasures to us every day...

These pieces of art are simply beautiful.

Natalie said...

Beautifully done!

Unknown said...

Hi Teresa:) sorry I haven't visited in a while. Your work is absolutely amazing!