Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fabulous Friday - Joy Wreath

Greetings! This weeks Fabulous Friday's at Frosted Designs challenge is:
"Shape It Up x 3" - 
Pick a geometric shape and use it three times on your project.
This week it was my turn to do an off the page project and I chose to make this wreath:

Here are some close ups (click to enlarge)



I hope you are inspired to make a layout, card, or off the page project using a geometric shape three times and enter it at Frosted Designs for a chance at a great prize from our sponsor "Buttons Galore and More"!

Thanks for looking at my blog! I truly appreciate your comments
 (and followers!)!

I used a 12" straw wreath from ACMoore, they come wrapped in plastic for just $3.19. Don't take the plastic off if you are going to cover it up - that will save you the mess and odor of the straw!
I wrapped the wreath with 6 1/2 yards of 2 1/2" burlap ribbon - this was free because my  mom gave it to me from her stash! I made the roses using pink Bazzil cardstock (left over from my daughter's wedding in 2007) with the Spellbinder's Rose Creation dies. I rubbed VersaMark dazzle ink on the edges of the individual petals to darken them a bit and make them have a sheen before assembling the roses. The doilies are by Royal Lace and the leaves are by Prima. I inked the leaves with Ranger Forrest Moss Distress Ink. Making Memories Mini Blossoms are mixed in with the roses and are attached using stick pins with pearls on the heads. The banner is made with a base of BoBunny Chiffon Dot paper with Making Memories Je t'Adore on top, both inked with Ranger Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. I used Sizzlits "Funky Brush" font for my letters and enameled them with Glossy Accents. The lace is by Wyla purchased at ACMoore. The butterfly is punched from the same patterned paper as the banner using a Martha Stewart punch and inked with Ranger Barn Door Distress Ink.

3 comments:

all the days of our life said...

Teresa this is stunning!!! absolutely gorgeous and those flowers look amazing.

niki said...

Very pretty

Barb Craft said...

Teresa... your wreath is
beau-ti-ful!! Wow!!

Barb :)