The colors reminded me of a die cut that's been in my stash waiting to be used. I added some color and shading to the die cut with Tim Holtz Distress pens and Faber Castell Pitt pens. I colored a manilla tag with a few colors of TH Distress stains then laid a pattern on it using Balzar Designs stencils and TH Distress inks. After I pushed the ink through the chicken wire stencil, there was a lot of ink left on the stencil so I quick opened my art journal to a blank page and pressed the excess ink on to the page. WhhEEEEEE! LOVE! oh happy day - that came out cool! So I did the same thing with the herringbone stencil! I did some stamping with a Studio G stamp and black StazOn ink and laid down some KandCo rub-ons. A TH reinforcer, Kaiser craft pearl, and some ribbon from the stash and now, what was going to be a diecut on a tag, is a pretty journal page! I'll probably add some words to it when the right ones come along but for now I'm very happy with it!
If the photo or my project inspire a project for you - go create! Then link it up at Frilly and Funkie!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today
I'd love to hear what you think!