Friday, December 14, 2012

Holy Family - Dec 2012 366

Today I have the final scrapbook layout for my 2012 366 calendar/art journal project. If you'd like to see the original post about this project, click here. There is a tab at the top of this page where you can find all of the pages for the year for this project.

For my December layout I am honoring my Savior on the celebration of His birth. This picture is of a portion of my ceramic nativity set. I purchased this little set many years ago with money that my husband's Nana gave me for my birthday. Each year when I get it out and set it up I am just filled with joy. It is so precious to look at and such loving memories are attached to it. But most of all it fills me with the wonder of the season and thankfulness to my heavenly father for His amazing gift.
(click on picture to enlarge and clarify)
I used this awesome sketch by Jenny Evans for Boys Rule and am entering in their challenge.
The morning after I made this post, I came in to my studio to find the sun streaming in on this layout laying on the "Christmas Magic" papers. The finish on the star and flourishes, and the dimension of the elements looked so pretty in the sun. How cool! 
 The papers I used are by Fancy Pants Designs from the Christmas Magic line.  The word "savior" is grungeboard by Tim Holtz colored with Distress Stain in aged mahogany. The star is an EK Success punch and the flourishes are Sizzlets dies. Both have been painted with Distress Crackle Paint in brushed pewter. Other Distress Inks used are brushed corduroy, pumice stone and aged mahogany.
I wish you all a blessed Christmas. 
May you find peace, joy, and hope in our Lord Jesus.

5 comments:

SandeeNC said...

We should all make LO's like this, not only is it beautiful, it has such meaning! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Unknown said...

such a pretty layout, i love that you adapted it for your album! thanks for linking up with us at Boys rule!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Fab photo and gorgeous layout to showcase it!

UlrikaT said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful layout!

TeenaBugg38 said...

this is just beautiful!!!