Friday, August 2, 2013

eclectic Paperie "Game On" challenge

Bonnie is our awesome hostess and her challenge is "game on!" so, you can use game pieces, game cards, or even use a game board as your substrate, like Bonnie did (see her project here). Fun, huh?
This weekend I am hostessing a group of scrappers at the Cozy Crop House in Lititz Pennsylvania. One of my tasks as hostess is to make name tags for each of the guests. I thought I'd go ahead and incorporate this challenge into the name tags. I think everyone will want to be "Queen of the Crop" so I pulled the Queens out of two packs of playing cards and made name tags out of them!
I started by cutting each card in half and adhering a piece of torn vintage book paper to it. 
Next came Olive Archival Ink applied through the Christy Tomlinson Vintage Lace stencil.
Then I added some of my favorite My Minds Eye Washi tape to the edges. The main part of the tag to write the name on was punched with a Stampin' Up punch out of paper from the MME Remarkable 6x6 paper pack. The leaves are cut free form from Tazo tea bag sleeves.
I added a flower from my stash with a pearl center by Recollections. 
All done! 
A cute "Queen of the Crop" name tag for each of my guests!
Would you enjoy a scrapping weekend with friends? 

I hope you are inspired to get your "game on" and create a project to share with us at eclectic Paperie.
Here is a link to the challenge post, be sure to check out the other design team projects in the linky at the end of the post. The products I've used from the eclectic Paperie store are linked for your shopping convenience.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I appreciate your comments!

9 comments:

Robin said...

Very cool! I bet you the girls loved them :)

toni said...

What a great idea,! I'm sure everyone is going to love these name cards, they look very pretty , wish I was joining you all ! Have fun toni x

Marjie Kemper said...

What fabulous name tags! I so enjoyed meeting you at the CCH a few years back. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Tracy said...

oh my giddy aunt Teresa..they are gorgeous and beautiful keepsakes!!
Hugs
Tracy xxx

Micki said...

Awesome idea to use playing cards. Love the vintage paper and the flowers. :-)

ParkNSlide said...

Such a fun idea! Love your color choices too.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Awesome name tags!!! Love the card use! Good luck on the hosting!

Bonnie Irvine said...

These are such a fabulous idea. They set the stage for thinking outside the box and for being playful. Love the idea of Queen of the crop. Great layering and use of stencils, too. A definite hit!

Kim said...

So cute, Teresa! What a creative idea for name tags...just perfect!