Thursday, December 29, 2011

Frosted Designs - something new

The Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs this week is to try something new. My friend Cindy pinned a really cool cut and folded star made by Krista on Pinterest and I just had to make one myself. Krista's tutorial is here
I used my very most favoritist seasonal paper of all time "Laurel Leaves" from the Basic Grey Wassail line. I used 4" squares of paper so my star is quite large (about 11 inches tall and 2 inches deep). I think it would be really cool to make it much smaller and more intricate. We'll see if I ever get around to that! 

Anyway, here it is, and we'd love it if you try something new and link it up over at Frosted Designs this week!




2 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Ohhhhhh girl! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I "attempted" one of these this year and what a mess I made....lol. And yours is the first I have seen with the little rolled rose in the center....LOVE IT!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful New year!

SAMARA said...

Teresa this is just gorgeous. I love the paper you used. This had to be so time consuming to make! I know there is a tutorial for this, but to follow that tutorial takes someone who has amazing skill! I love your blog and your introduction about your family. It is quite beautiful! I'd like to subscribe to your blog but can't find a gadget to subscribe by email. Am I missing it? If I am, could you email me and let me know? Ty for your comment on my site. It is much appreciated. You are very kind. Love and a Hug for the New Year. Samara (the 3 layer card)