Thursday, December 29, 2011

Frosted Designs - something new

The Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs this week is to try something new. My friend Cindy pinned a really cool cut and folded star made by Krista on Pinterest and I just had to make one myself. Krista's tutorial is here
I used my very most favoritist seasonal paper of all time "Laurel Leaves" from the Basic Grey Wassail line. I used 4" squares of paper so my star is quite large (about 11 inches tall and 2 inches deep). I think it would be really cool to make it much smaller and more intricate. We'll see if I ever get around to that! 

Anyway, here it is, and we'd love it if you try something new and link it up over at Frosted Designs this week!


TeenaBugg38 said...

Ohhhhhh girl! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I "attempted" one of these this year and what a mess I And yours is the first I have seen with the little rolled rose in the center....LOVE IT!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful New year!


Teresa this is just gorgeous. I love the paper you used. This had to be so time consuming to make! I know there is a tutorial for this, but to follow that tutorial takes someone who has amazing skill! I love your blog and your introduction about your family. It is quite beautiful! I'd like to subscribe to your blog but can't find a gadget to subscribe by email. Am I missing it? If I am, could you email me and let me know? Ty for your comment on my site. It is much appreciated. You are very kind. Love and a Hug for the New Year. Samara (the 3 layer card)