Saturday, June 12, 2010

6/26 UPDATE - I WON the Mary Engelbreit Challenge

At the Paper Poppy blog they have a challenge to use artwork by Mary Engelbreit as inspiration for a layout. ME has long been one of my favorite artists and whenever I think of her work I immediately think of fire engine red and bright lemon yellow. Ages ago, when I picked up this Basic Grey "June Bug" paper (the red floral) it reminded me of ME, so when I saw this challenge, I knew exactly what paper I was going to use! The yellow dot paper is Jillibean Soup "Soup Staples". The swirl rub-on is Pink Paislee and the ribbon is Offray.

I used this ME piece as my color and sketch inspiration. The quote is one ME uses also.
(sorry for the poor quality, the picture is off the internet). :


5 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oh my gosh Teresa.....this is adorable!!! I love red and yellow together and this LO is perfect! I love ME too.....her artwork makes me feel so happy and this is definately a happy page! I'd say you rocked it :)

Robin said...

Adorable! I love it. It's refreshingly bright! Love the paper.

Marlene said...

Yellow, black and red! LOVE it!!! Striking combo - and the layout is precious!

Truly Lori said...

Whoo hoo, Teresa! Congrats on the challenge win! GREAT work!

Lori said...

Whoo hoo, Teresa! Congrats on the challenge win! GREAT work!