Saturday, June 12, 2010

6/26 UPDATE - I WON the Mary Engelbreit Challenge

At the Paper Poppy blog they have a challenge to use artwork by Mary Engelbreit as inspiration for a layout. ME has long been one of my favorite artists and whenever I think of her work I immediately think of fire engine red and bright lemon yellow. Ages ago, when I picked up this Basic Grey "June Bug" paper (the red floral) it reminded me of ME, so when I saw this challenge, I knew exactly what paper I was going to use! The yellow dot paper is Jillibean Soup "Soup Staples". The swirl rub-on is Pink Paislee and the ribbon is Offray.

I used this ME piece as my color and sketch inspiration. The quote is one ME uses also.
(sorry for the poor quality, the picture is off the internet). :


5 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oh my gosh Teresa.....this is adorable!!! I love red and yellow together and this LO is perfect! I love ME too.....her artwork makes me feel so happy and this is definately a happy page! I'd say you rocked it :)

Robin said...

Adorable! I love it. It's refreshingly bright! Love the paper.

Marlene said...

Yellow, black and red! LOVE it!!! Striking combo - and the layout is precious!

Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire said...

Whoo hoo, Teresa! Congrats on the challenge win! GREAT work!

Lori said...

Whoo hoo, Teresa! Congrats on the challenge win! GREAT work!