Monday, September 12, 2011

TPV Birthday Challenge Day 5

WOOT! I am quite pleased with myself that I managed to complete a project for each of the five challenges that The Paper Variety posted for their one year blogaversary! I also completed their blog hop which was quite fun and inspirational. Happy Birthday TPV and thanks for all the fun!
The Day 5 challenge is to use your favorite embellishment. My all time fav is pearl flourishes. I will occasionally use a bling flourish but much prefer the pearls, they add such a simple elegance to any project.


I used this weeks card sketch at Twisted Sketches and have entered their challenge also:


I used a piece of Kraft paper as my base. A little left over piece of paper from my scraps which I believe is Basic Grey (correct me if I'm wrong!) The sentiment and border stamps are by Stampin' Up, Spellbinders die, and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The pearl flourish is by want2scrap (there are two of these in the package and I picked it up for $1 at CKC Vallley Forge PA this year!)


Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comments (and followers :)!

7 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Lookit you go!!! I have now completed 2 (go me!!) but have to wait til morning to photograph them.....I love this card. Kraft is one of my all time favorites and it looks stunning with that pearls and white paper.....is that the paper you wre talking about from BG? Gosh I LOVE it!!! Good luck with all of your TPV entries!!

jamie long said...

I LOVE those pearls on that craft! Thanks for playing along with twisted sketches

Jamilie said...

Such a sweet card! Thank you for celebrating with us at TPV this week!

Marlene said...

MMMM....yummy card!!! You are so talented, m'dear!

Sue said...

Very pretty card. I love pearl flourishes too. I love the colors with the kraft. Congratulations on completing all 5 TPV challenges. Thanks for joining in the fun with us.

Sue Jones said...

just SO Pretty :) Thanks for joining in at Twisted Sketches.

tita said...

Thanks for playing with TWS! Cute card :)