Friday, March 9, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Kraft!

This week's Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs is to use Kraft paper - how easy is that? C'mon, join us! There'll be a fabulous prize for one random draw winner and three projects will be chosen to be featured on the Frosted Designs blog!
Here is my card made with Kraft paper:



I cut a piece of Kraft card to 4" x 5 1/4". Stamped it with a Glitz Designs stamp using Tim Holtz distress inks in vintage photo. Opened up my Cuttlebug embossing folder and rubbed the same distress ink on the flat side, put my paper in with the stamped side to the inked side of the folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug machine. This puts the ink on the flat parts leaving the embossed areas un-inked. I cut the bird from vintage music paper using a Tim Holtz die, inked it with the vintage photo ink and adhered it to the kraft. After inking the kraft I wrapped it with baker's twine by Divine Twine. A piece of Kraft cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" serves as the card base. I adhered the card front to the card base then tied on a beaded sprig by Prima with more baker's twine. A few small Zots adhesive dots help hold it on.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! 
I appreciate your comments!

5 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing of the text paper.

BrendaB said...

This is beautiful! Love the mix of stamping and embossing!

Sarah said...

Theresa I LOOOOVE this kraft card! The stamping and embossing just makes this card! Love it!

Sassy said...

Sweet! Love the kraft with the embossing, the touch of color with the sprig and the song bird. Very nice. I am new to the FD family so am making the rounds!

Ann said...

I like what you did with the kraft cs - it often challenges me. The music paper diecut bird is perfect for that folder! I'm so glad I stopped by to thank you for your kind words and visit during the recent Practical Scrappers blog hop!