Thursday, March 1, 2012

Valentine from Jacob

My very first piece of refrigerator art as a grandmother is a Valentine from Jacob. (Thank you Robin!) In the pictures Jacob is putting it on the fridge with magnets and showing me how he stamped his feet on the paper with paint.
(His mommy said he did NOT like the paint on his feet at all - he doesn't like his hands to be messy either!)

I used this awesome sketch by Jenny Evans 
and entered my layout at Boys Rule.

Here are some close ups. Sorry they are blurry but I wanted to show you the sparkle on the die cuts.


All of the paper, die cuts, and letter stickers are by Crate Paper from the "Mia" collection. The gems are by Gem Art, I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in "gathered twigs", "aged mahogany", and "brushed corduroy". The font is Cambria

7 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

How sweet! Your heart must have melted. I love the layout and kudos to the mom for taking the pic of him making it, and to you for taking the one of him hanging it.

Jayma Malme said...

This is adorable...what special photos :) Great paper and sketch choice!

Donna said...

aww....precious. this just made me smile.

Janet said...

Beautiful layout, love the colours and fab pictures
http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/sample-layouts.html

Janet said...

Beautiful layout, love the colours and fab pictures
http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2012/03/sample-layouts.html

Truly Lori said...

Teresa,

What a great idea! Jacob looks like he is having so much fun! I can just see it now...pitter patter of red footprints everywhere, lol...

Isn't refrigerator ART just the BEST?

Jenny Evans said...

Oh I so love this!! Too, too cute!! Great job with the sketch and thanks for playing along with us at Boys Rule!!