Friday, March 23, 2012

My sweet Hello Kitty girl!

This week's Fabulous Friday challenge 
There are many interpretations of this challenge by the design team so hop on over and check it out! 
(I used background paper with a grid design)

I used this awesome sketch by Becky Fleck and entered her challenge this month:

The grid paper is by My Minds Eye from the Lush Blue collection. The rest of the papers and the die cuts are by Crate Paper from the Paper Doll collection. 
The cherub/heart is cut off the front of a Valentine card my mom sent me. The original banner says "Thinking of You", I made a new banner and stamped "so Sweet" on it with Studio G stamps and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy. I raised it up off the page with American Crafts This to That Foam Dots.
The Hello Kitty label "sewn" to the side of the journaling block is cut off the jammies!
Other product used: White Pen by Inkssentials, Pearls by recollections, ric rac and pink trim from my stash. Border punch by EK Success and Corner rounder by WRMK. 
Tim Holtz distress inks: pine needles, broken china, brushed corduroy, worn lipstick.

Here are some close-ups (click to enlarge):






Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comments!
I hope you will make a project using the prompt "grid" and share it with us at Frosted Designs!

4 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

What a sweet layout! She's adorable and I love that you captured this moment with the favorite jammies.

Sonia said...

Hello Teresa
Wow! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Great Creation!
-Sony

Sarah said...

Love this Theresa!! I love your take on the "grid" by using the grid paper!

Unknown said...

adorable layout!