Friday, January 13, 2012

Fabulous Friday at Frosted Designs

This week's Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs is to use paint. Here is a page from my art journal on which I've experimented with paints called "Pan Pastels".  The flowers and leaves are done using Pan Pastels, the black highlighting is done with Copic marker. The paint is creamy and lovely to work with and the colors are amazing! Imagine my delight when I discovered that the Staz-On ink I pounced through punchenella is exactly the same colors! The image transfer in the upper left corner and the tag in the lower right corner are by KandCo. The base is an old map and the alphabet stamp is by The Stamps of Life. Rub-ons and brad from my stash.
I hope you are inspired to try using paint on a project and share it with us at Frosted Designs!
Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comments!

6 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful page! Love the way you mixed up the inks in the stencil and what a great tip that the Staz-on inks match so well with Pan Pastels. Thanks for sharing!

Sonia said...

Hello Tere
I really like what you did... Beautiful colours, amazing page of your art journal.
I'm your new follower.
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Greetings from Puerto Rico
Best wishes for 2012

Sonia said...

Ooopss!forgot to said that I visit the Kate blog and I loved, thanks for the info.
If you share more info how can I start a art journal is ok for me.. I have some ideas from last year if i can start a art journal or a smash book or combine the 2 ideas (i like the 2 ideas).
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

TeenaBugg38 said...

Gosh I LOVE this!!!!

Barb Craft said...

Teresa...I always love checking out your journal work! It is so beautiful! You make me want to go to my studio and get messy!

barb :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a gorgeous and creative page, Teresa!